Wednesday, February 4, 2009

NOT a Water Baby!

Well, Maddie had a very trying experience tonight. She lost her umbilical stump a couple days ago, so we decided to give her a bath tonight!
It turns out, Maddie does not like the water. She was a picture of terror when I put the first spongeful of water on her!

At the risk of sounding like a bad mother, her faces were hilarious! I tried consoling her, but there is only so much you can do to console such a little one, so I just made it a quick bath. Hopefully, this will get easier for her. :)
Here's the clean, if a little traumatized, Maddie:

3 comments:

Gloria McDonald said...

Well, she certainly is wide eyed and expressive in these latest pictures. I was expecting to see her screaming but expressions aside she didn't do too badly. Maybe she just needs a rubber duckie! I'll keep an eye out for one :) She sure is cute even if she isn't crazy about the water.

Pam said...

Maggie hated bathtime too, at first, and would scream and scream. Now she loves it! So there's hope. :) Maddie is adorable! Hope ya'll are doing well.

heather said...

It gets better...I can't get Hannah & Sam out of the tub now!